In 1929, the Sisters of Mercy, immigrants from Ireland, admitted the first young women in Mount Mercy College. After World War II, men were allowed to enroll. As the college continued to construct new facilities and add programs, the name was changed to Carlow College in 1969. The College continued progressing forward, incorporating a continuing education program for adult students and opening a science and technology facility. Since the turn of the century, the College changed its title to University, and in 2007, Carlow University introduced its first doctorate degree program.
Carlow University supports 50-plus academic programs, including bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, doctoral degrees, and pre-professional degrees
Location: 3333 Fifth Ave,Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3165
Religious Affiliation: Roman Catholic
Sector & Type: Private, Not-for-profit
- Credit for Training
- Dedicated POC
- Member of SOC
- Recognized SVO
- Yellow Ribbon
Highest Offering: Doctorate
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
This school has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.