Professionals with experience in a variety of teaching or training settings can benefit from Capella’s Professional Studies in Education Certificate, which builds on previous experience in conjunction with competencies in educational theory and philosophy.
This certificate offers coursework that supplements earlier undergraduate or graduate educational experiences, providing you with a foundational knowledge of major competencies in the theory and philosophy of education.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.