Capella’s Post-Secondary and Adult Education Certificate shows participants current methods for putting adult education theory into practice and directing post-secondary education initiatives.
Courses in this certificate program address learning theory, international and multicultural perspectives, classroom assessment, and adult teaching strategies. Your coursework will prepare you for pursuing instructional and administrative positions in a variety of post-secondary and adult educational institutions.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.