With a program grounded in dissertation success, Capella offers this online PhD in Leadership. As an ACBSP-accredited program, you’ll benefit from a unique program structure, taught by dedicated faculty, along with comprehensive online resources that will give you momentum throughout the dissertation process. You’ll hone in on skills to maximize your own leadership style, through various thinking approaches (strategic, critical, reflective, etc.). This is a multidisciplinary approach to a PhD that combines business theory, research and practice with a leadership curriculum. A few on-campus residencies are usually required, as are these core courses:
- Leadership Theory and Practice in a Global Environment
- Leadership as Personal Practice
- Leading the Organizational System
- Leading Dynamic Systems with Multi-Dimensional Thinking
In addition to your online courses, you will attend three on-campus residencies.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements. Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Doctoral students must have a master’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org) has accredited Capella University business programs and select specializations. For full accreditation statement and the list of accredited programs and specializations, go to www.capella.edu/university-accreditation.