With a focus on diverse organizational and global contexts, Capella University's online PhD in Information Technology Management program prepares you to lead in the field of IT management.
Following a comprehensive core curriculum focused on research, scholarly writing, ethical theory, a global perspective, technology, and a systems-thinking approach, you'll gain the advanced skills and informed perspective to teach, conduct research, consult, or lead.
You'll also have the opportunity to participate in Capella's international experience. This optional trip is designed to provide multinational networking, increased cultural literacy and global operations learning experience.
Furthermore, Capella University has teamed with The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) to offer business students full digital access to the most timely, relevant business news, enhancing your academic experience and giving you a competitive edge in your career.
With your PhD in Information Technology Management from Capella, you'll learn to synthesize multidisciplinary research and evolving practices to contribute to organizational strategies and to lead strategic IT planning and management in complex environments, including diverse organizational and global cultural contexts. You'll also evaluate ethical frameworks, including the organization's global citizenship, and legal requirements that guide Information Technology Management.
Common jobs with an online PhD in Information Technology Management include chief information officer, chief technology officer, IT strategy and management consultant, senior information technology auditor or vice president of information technology. Potential workplaces include consulting firm, corporation, government, land-based or online college or university, or nonprofit organization.
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- In addition to online courses, you will attend three four-day residential colloquia at specific stages in your program.
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Official master’s transcripts
- Minimum degree conferral grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org) has accredited Capella University business programs and select specializations. For full accreditation statement and the list of accredited programs and specializations, go to www.capella.edu/university-accreditation.