With a program grounded in dissertation success, Capella offers this online PhD in IT Management. You’ll benefit from a unique program structure taught by dedicated faculty, along with comprehensive online resources that will give you momentum throughout the dissertation process. In this IT Management specialization, which is ACBSP-accredited, you’ll learn the latest in systems innovation from global and diverse contexts. This is a multidisciplinary approach to a PhD that combines business theory, research and practice with technology leadership. A few on-campus residencies are usually required, as are these core courses:
- Information Technology Leaders as Partners in Organizational Strategic Planning
- Leading Information Technology Strategic Planning in Complex and Global Environments
- Guiding the Implementation of Information Technology Policies and Processes
- Innovating Information Technology Life Cycle Management Processes in a Changing Environment
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Official College Transcript(s)
- Students will attend three four-day residencies.
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org) has accredited Capella University business programs and select specializations. For full accreditation statement and the list of accredited programs and specializations, go to www.capella.edu/university-accreditation.