Become an expert in an ever-growing area of education with this online PhD in Special Education Leadership. At Capella, you’ll contribute to the existing field of knowledge with your own dissertation research, as you build leadership skills aimed at the K-12 environment. Your dissertation process will go smoothly as you rely upon dedicated faculty and vast online resources. This online doctorate blends a dissertation, on-campus residencies, internships and specialized coursework, such as:
- The Future of Teaching and Learning: Issues for the Educational Leader
- Higher Education and the Law
- Advanced Funding and Managing Education Enterprises
- Leadership in Higher Education
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s)
- Applicants will be required to submit a teaching experience verification form that indicates your appropriate professional experience and license or endorsement in special education.
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.