Become an informed decision-maker and lead schools using administrative innovation with this online PhD from Capella. This program fuses specialized coursework, residencies and a dissertation to prepare you to guide education from an administrative perspective at the local, district or state level. A dedicated faculty and trove of online resources will support your efforts in your dissertation, which is built into the program platform from the beginning. You can use the skills and knowledge you acquire in this online Leadership in Educational Administration doctorate to seek licensure as a principal or superintendent as well. Likely coursework you’ll encounter includes:
- Principles of Educational Administration
- Teacher Supervision and Evaluation
- The Funding of Educational Institutions
- Leading Diverse Schools
This program requires three four-day residencies.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master's Degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.