PhD - Leadership for Higher Education
This program is not designed for teacher certification, licensure or endorsement.
Capella University's online PhD in Higher Education Leadership program prepares you to lead post-secondary education organizations. Through advanced coursework, as well as your own doctoral research, you can develop the knowledge and critical-thinking skills to be a bold, innovative and ethical leader.
Your PhD in Higher Education Leadership program includes 4 integrated components: online coursework, in-person experiences (called residencies), comprehensive exams, and dissertation. Each facet of your education builds on the others to take you through your program and to your goal of a PhD.
With your PhD in Leadership for Higher Education from Capella, you'll be prepared to communicate effectively, integrate technology, lead and manage change in higher education organizations, and develop and manage resources of higher education organizations.
Common jobs with an online PhD in Leadership for Higher Education include president, provost, faculty development director or faculty member. Potential workplaces include: community or technical college, research and policy organization, land-based or online university, for-profit institution or volunteer program.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$690.00
Out of State Rate:$690.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$63,480.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$63,480.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master's Degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org, 800.621.7440
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 1.888.CAPELLA (227.3552), www.capella.edu
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, job placement or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the school’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University at 1.866.679.9687 for more information.
Learn important information at www.capellaresults.com about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended these programs.