PhD - Information Technology Education
The fast-growing field of postsecondary teaching is projected to create the most new jobs of any doctoral-level occupation. The need is particularly acute in popular, fast-growing fields of study, such as information technology. Capella University's online PhD in Information Technology Education program is designed to prepare you for post-secondary teaching in IT, so you are equipped to take advantage of these opportunities.
This program combines in-depth analysis, critical thinking, research, and scholarly writing with skill development in advanced teaching techniques and curriculum design. Program outcomes were reviewed by faculty participating in the Association for Computing Machinery's Special Interest Group for Information Technology Education (SIGITE). As part of this degree program, you may apply for and receive a Post-Master's Certificate in College Teaching from Capella, as well as your PhD.
With your PhD in Information Technology Education from Capella, you'll learn to formulate new theoretical constructs to advance knowledge in the area of information technology, conduct scholarly research, and create new applications for improving practice. Additionally, you'll know how to think critically about information technology problems and solutions, and communicate effectively.
Common jobs with an online PhD in Information Technology Education include faculty member, consultant, information technology curriculum developer, certified trainer or senior technical trainer/ instructor. Potential workplaces include: IT consulting firm, government agency, land-based or online college or university, corporation or training and development organization.
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter
In State Rate:$5,000.00
Out of State Rate:$5,000.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$55,000.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$55,000.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- In addition to online courses, you will attend three four-day residential colloquia at specific stages in your program.
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Official master’s transcripts
- Minimum degree conferral grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org, 800.621.7440
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 1.888.CAPELLA (227.3552), www.capella.edu
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, job placement or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the school’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University at 1.866.679.9687 for more information.
Learn important information at www.capellaresults.com about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended these programs.