PhD - Information Assurance and Security
Capella University's online PhD in Information Assurance program is designed to advance your information-security expertise in a way that fits your career. This program provides opportunities for advanced skill development and doctoral research in such topics as information confidentiality, integrity, governance, compliance, and risk management.
Capella University has been designated by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense (CAE IA/CD) for academic years 2014-2021.
With your PhD in Information Assurance and Security from Capella, you'll learn to create new applications for improving practice, think critically about information technology problems and solutions, and formulate new theoretical constructs to advance knowledge in the area of information technology. Additionally, you'll know how to conduct scholarly research, communicate effectively, and develop professional skills in a chosen field or discipline.
Common jobs with an online PhD in Information Assurance and Security include faculty member, information security manager, information security consultant or vice president of information security. Potential workplaces include: corporation, government agency, information technology consulting firm, health care organization, global technology firm, and land-based or online college or university.
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter
In State Rate:$5,000.00
Out of State Rate:$5,000.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$55,000.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$55,000.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- In addition to online courses, you will attend three four-day residential colloquia at specific stages in your program.
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Official master’s transcripts
- Minimum degree conferral grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org.
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the School’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University for more information.www.capellaresults.com