No matter where your IT career is headed—consulting, researching, or educating—IT innovation is an important part of our world today. Capella’s online PhD in Information Technology, Information Assurance and Cybersecurity degree can teach you how to conduct scholarly research, communicate effectively, and develop professional skills in an IT discipline of your choosing. In your studies, you’ll dive into advanced research, scholarly writing, and information security skills, and culminate your learnings in a dissertation that advances information security as a whole.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- In addition to online courses, you will attend three four-day residential colloquia at specific stages in your program.
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Official master’s transcripts
- Minimum degree conferral grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale