PhD - Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Managing the workforce can be challenging for corporations and organizations. With Capella University's online PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, you will deepen your knowledge of organizational behavior in a way that can help you excel in promoting optimal function for employers. Choose your area of focus with an emphasis on industrial, organizational, coaching, or consultation.
In the PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology program, you will begin work on your dissertation immediately. Our curriculum begins with programs of research to help you determine your topic and incorporates credit-bearing dissertation research seminars with assistance blended into coursework. Expert faculty, research methodologists, and advisors provide the right assistance at the right time, when you need it. Each facet of your education builds on the others to take you seamlessly through your program and to your goal of a PhD.
With your PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from Capella, you'll learn to evaluate and apply critical thinking in response to behavior in the workplace, synthesize theoretical and research findings from the discipline of industrial/organizational psychology and much more.
Common jobs with an online PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, include director of labor relations, director of training and development, evidence-based coach, organizational consultant (internal or external). Potential workplaces include corporation, government, health care, industrial setting, private practice or research organization.
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$512.00
Out of State Rate:$512.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$53,248.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$53,248.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution. Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Three in-person, 4-day residency experiences are required.
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org, 800.621.7440
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 1.888.CAPELLA (227.3552), www.capella.edu
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, job placement or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the school’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University at 1.866.679.9687 for more information.
Learn important information at www.capellaresults.com about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended these programs.