PhD - Counselor Education and Supervision (CACREP-accredited)
Capella University's online PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision program prepares you to lead in the counseling profession.
This program includes online coursework, residencies, and field experiences designed to build your clinical, teaching, research, and supervisory skills. Capella's degree program is one of few available online, and provides opportunities for you to potentially fulfill your internship experience by working with other counseling students enrolled in Capella's CACREP-accredited master's degree programs.
Your CACREP-accredited PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision program includes 5 integrated components: online coursework, in-person experiences (called residencies), fieldwork (including practicum and internships), comprehensive exams, and dissertation. Each facet of your education builds on the others to take you through your program and to your goal of a PhD.
With an PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision from Capella, you'll be able to lead and advocate for inclusion, tolerance, and acceptance, evaluate the current theories and practices of the counseling profession, and demonstrate commitment to one's personal and professional development. Additionally, you'll have the skills to conduct and contribute valid, reliable, and ethical research in the counseling profession, practice social and professional ethics, and think critically and write effectively in one's discipline.
Common jobs with an online PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision include therapist, counselor educator, faculty member, nonprofit manager or crisis center director. Potential workplaces include: community mental health center, psychiatric hospital, residential treatment center, government agency, nonprofit organization, prison or group home.
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter
In State Rate:$5,100.00
Out of State Rate:$5,100.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$61,200.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$61,200.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution. Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. A $50 non-refundable application fee is required for initiating an application for admission and may be paid as part of the application process. Completion of a CACREP-accredited or CACREP curriculum equivalent master's degree program. Applicants will be assessed on professionalism and academic fit to the program as determined by the school.
- Three in-person, 4-day residency experiences are required.
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org.
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
Capella University’s PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision, MS in Mental Health Counseling, MS in School Counseling, and MS in Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy programs are accredited by the American Counseling Association’s Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP, www.cacrep.org) through March 31, 2020.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the School’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University for more information.www.capellaresults.com