With a program grounded in dissertation success, Capella offers this online PhD in HR Management. As an ACBSP-accredited program, you’ll benefit from a unique program structure, taught by dedicated faculty, along with comprehensive online resources that will give you momentum throughout the dissertation process. In this specialization, you’ll concentrate on a multidisciplinary approach to business theory, research and practice that can be integrated with workplace hiring, personnel development and retention. Curriculum, which involves a few on-campus residencies, usually offers the following classes:
- Foundations of Human Resource Theory and Practice
- Creating Adaptive, Innovative Workplaces
- Attracting and Retaining Talent
- Human Resource Practices for Developing Talent
In addition to your online courses, you will attend three on-campus residencies.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements. Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Doctoral students must have a master’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org) has accredited Capella University business programs and select specializations. For full accreditation statement and the list of accredited programs and specializations, go to www.capella.edu/university-accreditation.