PhD - Developmental Psychology
Advanced study of how and why people change and develop can open doors to understanding human beings throughout their life cycle. With the Capella PhD in Developmental Psychology, you can choose to pursue an emphasis in areas such as child and adolescent development, adulthood and aging, and lifespan. Our program hones its coursework to focus on critical skills that provide in-depth study in your chosen field of interest.
In the PhD in Developmental Psychology program, you will begin work on your dissertation immediately. Our curriculum begins with programs of research to help you determine your topic and incorporates credit-bearing dissertation research seminars with assistance blended into coursework. Expert faculty, research methodologists, and advisors provide the right assistance at the right time, when you need it. Each facet of your education builds on the others to take you seamlessly through your program and to your goal of a PhD.
With your PhD in Developmental Psychology from Capella, you'll learn to synthesize principles and applications of developmental psychology theory and its evidence base, evaluate developmental psychology literature, and interpret knowledge of developmental psychology research and contribute to the field of psychology. You'll also learn to communicate knowledge about developmental psychology using accepted professional community standards.
Common jobs with an online PhD in Developmental Psychology include faculty position, center administrator, lecturer/speaker, program administrator or researcher. Potential workplaces include county or state agencies dedicated to different age groups, and colleges and universities.
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$512.00
Out of State Rate:$512.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$54,784.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$54,784.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution. Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Three in-person, 4-day residency experiences are required.
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org.
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the School’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University for more information.www.capellaresults.com