As awareness of autism spectrum disorder grows, there is a need for leaders who can expand the field of applied behavior analysis (ABA) through research and teaching. Capella’s PhD in Psychology, Behavior Analysis specialization can help you reach your goals in this field. Gain knowledge of the theoretical foundations of ABA to help you perform basic and applied research and address the practice of ABA in various settings.
Completing this degree specialization can be an important step toward applying for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctoral (BCBA-D) certification.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution. Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Three in-person, 4-day residency experiences are required.