Fulfill Your Passion for Helping Others. Being a social worker provides one of the most essential services in Capella's society—helping vulnerable people overcome challenges. With Capella's Master of Social Work (MSW) degree you can be ready to give people the help they need. As a program in candidacy for CSWE accreditation, Capella's program is built to national standards and designed around advanced generalist practice licensing standards. There’s a need for skilled social work professionals, and this program can help prepare you for advanced generalist practice.
The completion of two 7-day in-person residencies are required.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Capella University’s Master of Social Work programs are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education’s Commission on Accreditation. For more information about social work accreditation, you may contact CSWE’s accreditation staff.