MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited)
Help Young People Realize Their Dreams. Today’s K-12 students are faced with complex challenges—cyber bullying, relationship and self-esteem issues, drug use, anger management, sexual orientation, and more. With the CACREP-accredited, online Master in School Counseling program from Capella, you can learn to help these students transcend their difficulties and pursue their passions.
This program includes online coursework, residencies, and field experiences to help prepare you for a rewarding career with an expanding role in advocating for the personal, educational, and social needs of students.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$487.00
Out of State Rate:$487.00
Additional Fees :$2,100.00
Fees Overview :
- Quarterly Resource Kit Fee: $175
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$37,164.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$37,164.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
The completion of two 7-day in-person residencies are required.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org, 800.621.7440
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 1.888.CAPELLA (227.3552), www.capella.edu
Capella University’s PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision, MS in Mental Health Counseling, MS in School Counseling, and MS in Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy programs are accredited by the American Counseling Association’s Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP, www.cacrep.org) through March 31, 2020.
This program is restricted in the following state(s): Kentucky & Arkansas
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, job placement or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the school’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University at 1.866.679.9687 for more information.
Learn important information at www.capellaresults.com about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended these programs.