Capella University's online Master's in Project Management program gives you essential IT skills to make a difference in your organization. This program focuses on the fundamentals of IT project management and assesses the current state of technology, including its organizational, legal, ethical, and professional influences.
This program is accredited by The Project Management Institute (PMI®) Global Accreditation Center for Project Management (GAC) and was designed around A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
With your Master's in Project Management from Capella, you'll learn to lead and manage people and resources, and demonstrate a strategic alignment between business needs and project outcomes.
You can also earn your Master of Science in Information Systems and Technology Management with a specialization in Project Management with Capella's FlexPath, a revolutionary way to complete your degree on your own schedule. With FlexPath, you'll make the most of the knowledge and experience you already have while developing and demonstrating new skills and knowledge at your own pace. You will achieve the same learning outcomes as Capella's traditional online programs – and earn the same degree – only in a more efficient, personalized way.
Common jobs with an online Master's in Project Management include data processing manager, director of IT, information systems manager, management information systems director/manager, project manager/director or senior IT manager. Potential workplaces include: community college, consulting firm, corporation, government, land-based or online college or university, or military.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (PMI-GAC)
The following program specializations are accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI) Global Accreditation Center for Project Management (PMI-GAC). (The FlexPath option for the project management specializations is not accredited by PMI-GAC.)
- BS in Business—Project Management
- BS in Information Technology—Project Management
- MBA—Project Management
- MS in Information Technology—Project Management
- PhD in Information Technology—Project Management