Capella's online, CACREP-accredited master's in clinical mental health counseling program can help you make a positive impact on the lives of others. Learn the counseling theories and practices needed to empower clients to overcome their greatest challenges in institutional, public, or private practice settings.
The coursework, residencies, and field experiences are also designed to prepare you for state licensure eligibility when you graduate. The curriculum includes online coursework with a credit-bearing residency and a practicum and internship that allow you to apply your knowledge directly through practical application.
The completion of two 7-day in-person residencies are required.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale