- Counseling and Advocacy with Diverse Populations
- Mental Health Counseling Approaches and Interventions
- Applied Research and Program Evaluation in Mental Health Counseling
- Child and Adolescent Counseling
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.7 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Essay/Writing Sample, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV
- Two 7-day in-person residencies are required.
Capella University’s PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision, MS in Mental Health Counseling, MS in School Counseling, and MS in Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy programs are accredited by the American Counseling Association’s Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP, www.cacrep.org) through March 31, 2020.