This COAMFTE-accredited program can help you prepare to pursue state licensure, offering engaging curriculum with a combination of online courses and face-to-face experiences that focus on assessment, diagnosis, treatment, intervention, and clinical training. You'll discover the skills and resources to become an advocate for clients to grow and make healthy decisions.
The completion of two 7-day in-person residencies are required.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale
The MS in Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy program at Capella University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE, www.aamft.org/imis15/content/coamfte/about_coamfte.aspx), 112 South Alfred Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; 703.838.9808, [email protected]