Help Families Grow Positive Relationships. Capella's Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy master’s degree program is COAMFTE-accredited, featuring a combination of online education and face-to-face experiences to help prepare you for state licensure eligibility. By becoming a licensed counselor or therapist, you’d be able to guide individuals, couples, and families toward a positive future in institutional, public, or private practice settings.
The completion of two 7-day in-person residencies are required.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale