MS - Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy (CACREP-, COAMFTE-accredited)
Help Families Grow Positive Relationships. Capella's Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy master’s degree program is COAMFTE- and CACREP-accredited, featuring a combination of online education and face-to-face experiences to help prepare you for state licensure eligibility. By becoming a licensed counselor or therapist, you’d be able to guide individuals, couples, and families toward a positive future in institutional, public, or private practice settings.
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$487.00
Out of State Rate:$487.00
Additional Fees :$2,100.00
Fees Overview :
- Quarterly Resource Fit Fee: $175
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$46,904.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$46,904.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
The completion of two 7-day in-person residencies are required.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org.
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
Capella University’s MS in Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy program is accredited by the American Counseling Association’s Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP, www.cacrep.org) through March 31, 2020.
The MS in Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy program at Capella University is also accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE, www.aamft.org/imis15/content/coamfte/about_coamfte.aspx), 112 South Alfred Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the School’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University for more information.www.capellaresults.com