This program is not designed for teacher certification, licensure or endorsement.
Stay ahead of the technological curve, and gain immediately applicable skills that teachers in all settings require for 21st-century digital curriculum development.
Our online MS in Education Innovation and Technology, with a specialization in Instruction in the 1:1 Environment, will help you in your role as classroom practitioner, to integrate digital techniques into your instructional plans. You will grow as a leader in education innovation technology, and find new ways to help your students reach their full potential, all while learning best practices for applying technology in the classroom.
With your master’s degree in Instruction in the 1:1 Environment from Capella, you’ll obtain the skills you need to integrate cutting-edge technology into effective course plans and assessments. You will learn best practices for applying technology and multimedia tools while employing competency-based learning to provide personalized learning experiences—and engage and empower students.
Master’s degree graduates with an Instruction in the 1:1 Environment specialization can add technology integration abilities to their K–12 teaching skill set or look forward to career opportunities in a variety of roles, such as instructional technology specialists, building technology coaches, online P–12 educational institution staff, or curriculum writers and course designers for education technology companies.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.