MS - Health Care Security
The health care industry is under constant threat from accidental and intentional data breaches and malicious attacks. Cybersecurity professionals who can protect personal health care data are vital to the well-being of patients, health care institutions—and our society in general. With Capella’s online Master of Science in Information Assurance and Security, Health Care Security specialization, you can become part of the security infrastructure that serves this important and growing need.
The curriculum is designed around industry standards and provides students with the foundational information that contributes to the knowledge required to sit for the HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPP®) and Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS®) exams. The core curriculum in this program includes a common body of knowledge represented in several leading security certifications, including CISSP®.
Guided by faculty with practical and academic experience in health care cybersecurity, you’ll learn how to:
- Analyze ethical, legal, and regulatory issues related to health care security, privacy, and compliance
- Implement physical and technical information safeguards in the health care environment
- Develop and apply investigative, compliance, and enforcement processes
- Develop best practices for information management of vital health care data
Capella University has been designated by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense (CAE IA/CD) for academic years 2014–2021.
Capella’s Health Care Security specialization was built to align with the NSA Health Care Security focus area, which earns graduates a digital badge. Digital badges can be shared on electronic resumes and social media platforms to validate your mastery of health care cybersecurity skills.
With your master’s degree in IAS, Health Care Security, you’ll be ready to apply expertise in health care data protection and take the lead in investigating incidents involving health care industry assets and personal data.
Common jobs with an online master’s in IAS, Health Care Security, include compliance officer, information security manager, risk analyst, or information technology manager in a health care environment, or health information manager.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$682.00
Out of State Rate:$682.00
Additional Fees :$1,050.00
Fees Overview :
- Quarterly Resource Fee: $175
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$33,786.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$33,786.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org, 800.621.7440
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 1.888.CAPELLA (227.3552), www.capella.edu
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, job placement or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the school’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University at 1.866.679.9687 for more information.
Learn important information at www.capellaresults.com about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended these programs.