Be prepared for an ever-diverse student population with this online MSEd in English Language Learning & Teaching from Capella. You’ll gain the skills and knowledge to use the latest trends and methodologies for ELL in the K-12 arena. A capstone course is an integral part of this curriculum which normally includes:
- Applied Linguistics
- Strategies for Eliminating the Achievement Gap for English Language Learners
- Culture, Society, and Language
- Methods, Curriculum, and Materials for English Language Learners
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.