The Capella Master’s in Applied Research specialization provides a direct path to a Clinical PsyD or PhD, with coursework that encompasses research and practice-oriented skills and knowledge. You’ll not only receive the foundation to engage in academic or research positions, but you’ll be set to pursue further doctoral study.
Begin to understand the profession by engaging in courses led by practitioner-scholars who emphasize application of psychological theories, psychological assessment, psychopathology, research methods, and ethical principles.
The Applied Research specialization curriculum will help you apply theoretical and research findings to professional and academic activities. This specialization meets many prerequisites for PhD and PsyD programs.
Common jobs with an online program in applied research include research psychologist, research associate, research scientist, adjunct or part-time faculty or instructor. Potential workplaces include mental health clinic, correctional facility, health care system, hospital – inpatient or outpatient, nonprofit organization, government – local, state or federal, military, land-based or online college/university or community college.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale