MPA - Nonprofit Management and Leadership
Strengthen your ability to develop strategic, innovative, and cooperative solutions to community problems with Capella University's online Master of Public Administration in Nonprofit Management and Leadership. You can earn your Master’s in Public Administration (MPA) in as little as 18 months with the ability to transfer up to 25% of your program from previous graduate work.
Our public administration curriculum is designed around the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA) standards, which is a recognized organization of advanced education programs in public policy, public affairs, public administration, and public and nonprofit management. Additionally, our faculty have experience in world-class public service organizations and all faculty in public service programs hold doctoral degrees.
Capella's core MPA courses focus on all facets of public administration that, combined with your chosen specialization, give you comprehensive knowledge to excel in your career no matter which direction you go. People who choose this degree often pursue nonprofit leadership positions, start their own nonprofit organization, or are considering a career change in the nonprofit sector.
With a curriculum designed around national standards, including those from the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA), the program prepares students to think critically about the complex issues and challenges associated with managing and leading in today’s nonprofit sector. Capella constructs each course and assignment to deliver career-relevant competencies, providing you with skills immediately applicable to your career such as:
- Understanding of roles and responsibilities of nonprofit board of directors.
- Analyzing ethical and legal implications of data use, collection, evaluation, and integration from internal and external organizational perspectives.
- Applying fiscal, strategic methods and techniques to areas of philanthropic support, fundraising, grant writing, and grant management.
Common careers with a Master of Public Administration Nonprofit Management and Leadership include nonprofit manager, executive director, social and community service manager, program manager, director of community engagement, fundraising manager, volunteer coordinator, and program coordinator.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$525.00
Out of State Rate:$525.00
Additional Fees :$1,050.00
Fees Overview :
- Quarterly Resource Fee: $150
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$26,250.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$26,250.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org, 800.621.7440
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 1.888.CAPELLA (227.3552), www.capella.edu
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, job placement or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the school’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University at 1.866.679.9687 for more information.
Learn important information at www.capellaresults.com about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended these programs.