Graduate to a Higher Level of Teaching. Becoming an exceptional teacher and innovator in your school district doesn’t happen overnight. Thankfully, our online Master of Education (MEd) program can help you get there. The coursework provides you with a deep understanding of curriculum assessment innovations, pedagogical methods, technology integration, and cultural competency.
Even better, the things you learn can be applied right away, so you can make an immediate impact on your students and school district. Simply put, our online MEd is designed to provide you with the advanced skills needed to teach in a 21st-century classroom.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.