Aligning with the standards of the Project Management Institute (PMI®), Capella University offers an online MBA in Project Management. Combining a broad business foundation with this specialization can give you the skills and knowledge to effectively lead a project from inception to completion, in scope and on time. Your coursework will likely include:
- Project management, planning, execution and control
- Project budgeting, procurement and quality
- Project risk assessment and control
Capella’s MBA is 100% online and offers you two learning tracks. Without the constraints of due-dates or academic term limits, FlexPath molds to your schedule. You complete your coursework entirely at your own pace. Alternatively, GuidedPath is a structured pace that prompts you to complete work consistently, from week to week. Regardless of which track you choose, you will benefit from personalized leadership coaching by Capella’s faculty.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org) has accredited Capella University business programs and select specializations. For full accreditation statement and the list of accredited programs and specializations, go to www.capella.edu/university-accreditation.
The following program specializations are accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI) Global Accreditation Center for Project Management (PMI-GAC). (The FlexPath option for the project management specializations is not accredited by PMI-GAC.)
- BS in Business—Project Management
- BS in Information Technology—Project Management
- MBA—Project Management
- MS in Information Technology—Project Management
- PhD in Information Technology—Project Management