MBA - Project Management: Business (ACBSP-, PMI-GAC-accredited)
In today's competitive business environment, where technology skills are often outsourced, many businesses consider it critical to keep project-management talent in-house. Capella University's online MBA in Project Management program helps put you in demand and equips you to integrate leadership and team-development skills to support the success of complex, cross-functional business projects.
This program is accredited by The Project Management Institute (PMI®) Global Accreditation Center for Project Management (GAC) and was designed around A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
To help you build a solid foundation of business knowledge and high-level skills, our online MBA program offers:
- Integrated business disciplines to prepare you to excel in a cross-functional business environment
- Simulation scenarios and a personalized capstone project that allows you to blend knowledge gained throughout the program and apply it to a project meaningful to your career
- MBA Central, your gateway to program news and resources, including current business information, events, networking, and exchanges with experts, faculty, and peers
- Mobile-access learning that fits into your busy lifestyle
Furthermore, Capella University has teamed with The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) to offer business students full digital access to the most timely, relevant business news, enhancing your academic experience and giving you a competitive edge in your career.
Students in Capella’s MBA with a specialization in Project Management program have the opportunity to earn a Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Business Management. Comprised entirely of MBA courses, this certificate provides an opportunity to earn a marketable credential in as little as 8 months—while you progress through your program. Whether you’re making a career change or looking for advancement in your current field, Capella’s Business Management certificate will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and academic credential to support your goals.
With your Master's in Project Management from Capella, you'll learn leadership and team development skills and how to successfully integrate them into proper execution of a project. You'll also learn how to apply business and organizational principles and techniques to utilize the appropriate roles and responsibilities of the project team.
You can also earn your MBA with a specialization in Project Management with Capella's FlexPath, a new way to complete your degree on your own schedule. With FlexPath, you'll make the most of the knowledge and experience you already have while developing and demonstrating new skills and knowledge at your own pace. You will achieve the same learning outcomes as Capella's traditional online programs – and earn the same degree – only in a more efficient, personalized way.
Common jobs with an online program in project management include project coordinator, project manager/director, program manager/director or vice president of project management. Potential workplaces include aerospace and defense automation system, construction, engineering, health care, information technology, military or pharmaceutical.
2 FREE COURSES — SAVE UP TO $4,680
Capella’s MBA Create Your Future Scholarship may save you up to $4,680 on your degree with 2 free courses.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$780.00
Out of State Rate:$780.00
Additional Fees :$900.00
Fees Overview :
- Resource Kit (per quarter): $150
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$38,340.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$38,340.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org.
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org) has accredited Capella University business programs and select specializations; and the MBA - Project Management is also accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI) Global Accreditation Center for Project Management (PMI-GAC)*.
*The FlexPath options for the project management specializations are not accredited by PMI-GAC.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the School’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University for more information.www.capellaresults.com