MBA - Finance (ACBSP-accredited)
Capella University's online MBA in Finance program enhances your general business acumen and expands your knowledge in financial management. This program helps you build the financial-analysis skills and strategic perspective you need to interact effectively with executive management as a partner in making key business decisions.
To help you build a solid foundation of business knowledge and high-level skills, our online MBA program offers:
- Integrated business disciplines to prepare you to excel in a cross-functional business environment
- Simulation scenarios and a personalized capstone project that allows you to blend knowledge gained throughout the program and apply it to a project meaningful to your career
- MBA Central, your gateway to program news and resources, including current business information, events, networking, and exchanges with experts, faculty, and peers
- Mobile-access learning that fits into your busy lifestyle
Furthermore, Capella University has teamed with The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) to offer business students full digital access to the most timely, relevant business news, enhancing your academic experience and giving you a competitive edge in your career.
Students in Capella’s MBA with a specialization in Finance program have the opportunity to earn a Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Business Management. Comprised entirely of MBA courses, this certificate provides an opportunity to earn a marketable credential in as little as 8 months—while you progress through your program. Whether you’re making a career change or looking for advancement in your current field, Capella’s Business Management certificate will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and academic credential to support your goals.
With your Master's in Finance from Capella, you'll develop and manage internal financial processes, and leverage external financial markets and institutions. You'll also learn how to apply analytics to financial decision making, and assess and manage risk.
Common jobs with an online program in finance include broker, chief financial officer, controller, finance director, financial advisor, money manager, personal banker, risk manager, securities analyst or trader. Potential workplaces include bank, brokerage, corporation, financial services agency, government, insurance firm, investment firm or mortgage company.
2 FREE COURSES — SAVE UP TO $4,680
Capella’s MBA Create Your Future Scholarship may save you up to $4,680 on your degree with 2 free courses.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$780.00
Out of State Rate:$780.00
Additional Fees :$900.00
Fees Overview :
- Resource Kit (per quarter): $150
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$38,340.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$38,340.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org, 800.621.7440
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 1.888.CAPELLA (227.3552), www.capella.edu
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org) has accredited Capella University business programs and select specializations. For full accreditation statement and the list of accredited programs and specializations, go to www.capella.edu/university-accreditation.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, job placement or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the school’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University at 1.866.679.9687 for more information.
Learn important information at www.capellaresults.com about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended these programs.