This program is not designed for teacher certification, licensure or endorsement.
Capella University's online Master's in Training and Development program teaches you human performance technology to improve productivity.
This program is based on the American Society for Training and Development's (ASTD) Human Performance Improvement Model, and is the only online master's training and development program that includes valuable certification in ROI Methodology™ from the ROI Institute™.
With your Master's in Training and Performance Improvement from Capella, you'll learn to analyze systems performance as well as select, design, implement and evaluate interventions. Additionally, you'll have the skills to support training and performance improvement in the workplace and lead training and performance improvement processes.
Common jobs with an online Master's in Training and Performance include learning specialist, corporate trainer, staff development specialist, associate curriculum director, human resources training consultant, adjunct or part-time faculty and full-time faculty. Potential workplaces include: corporation, land-based or online college or university, health care, government or P–12 education (organizational performance).
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.