Capella University's online Master's in Sport Psychology program builds your ability to address athletic performance, motivation, and recovery.
With your Master's in Sport Psychology from Capella, you'll learn the foundations of psychology and their application to sport psychology, and utilize sport psychology theory and research to customize working models that fit specific populations.
You can also earn your Master's with a specialization in Sport Psychology with Capella's FlexPath, a revolutionary way to complete your degree on your own schedule. With FlexPath, you'll make the most of the knowledge and experience you already have while developing and demonstrating new skills and knowledge at your own pace. You will achieve the same learning outcomes as Capella's traditional online programs – and earn the same degree – only in a more efficient, personalized way.
Common jobs with an online program in sport psychology include athletic program manager, coach, sport development manager or sport psychology assistant. Potential workplaces include fitness club, health care, parks and recreation organization or youth sport organization.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale