This program is not designed for teacher certification, licensure or endorsement.
Capella University's online Master's in Instructional Design program gives you the skills to integrate online education with ethical standards. Through a curriculum that balances instructional design, the psychology of learning, and technology, you will focus on the practice of online instructional design, including designing effective instruction, methods of online delivery, software tools and project management.
With your Master's in Instructional Design for Online Learning from Capella, you'll demonstrate skill in instructional design, manage instructional design projects, bridge instructional design theory and real world opportunities, and integrate ethical standards in all instructional design and development activities.
Common jobs with an online Master's in Instructional Design for Online Learning include instructional design specialist, instructional technologist, coordinator of e-learning, computer-assisted instruction specialist, and education or development specialist. Potential workplaces include: corporation, community college, vocational school, military education, adult education program, land-based or online college or university, P–12 school, military or educational consulting firm.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.