MPH - Public Health
Deepen your knowledge of public health issues, prepare to create access in diverse environments, and expand your skills in new areas of the field with Capella’s Online Master of Public Health degree program.
In our online MPH program, we prepare you to lead in your community. To further develop your leadership skills, as part of one of your courses, you will work with a professional coach to understand your personal leadership style and learn how to use your strengths to lead others in public health.
Our curriculum uses an interprofessional approach that emphasizes environmental public health concepts; psychological, behavioral, and social factors influencing population-based health disparities; principles of epidemiology and biostatistics; public health administration systems and processes; and economics.
With the competitive landscape of public health, our MPH provides practical experience you can add to your resume—giving you the edge among your peers.
- Direct path: Complete your MPH in as few as two years. Transfer up to 16 credits into the MPH program and you could save six months to a year on your degree and up to $7,800 in tuition.
- Credible: The curriculum is designed around the essential elements of an education in public health recommended in the Blue Ribbon Public Health Employers Advisory Board Report.
- Real-World Experience: Practice real-life leadership scenarios in a fail-safe, virtual health care environment during early coursework—then use those skills in your 160 hour practicum so you gain the confidence to lead at the top of your field.
- Distinguished Faculty: Provide comprehensive feedback on your work, encourage different ways of thinking, and deliver insight into how well you’re demonstrating competencies.
- Online Learning: 24-hour access to courses through Capella’s virtual courseroom.
With your MPH from Capella, you'll develop solutions to lead public health issues in an informed manner and help create healthy communities and environments. You'll also create health access and quality strategies for diverse populations.
Common careers with an MPH include environmental health outcomes analyst, community health program manager, health communications specialist, health educator, health policy analyst, public health advisor, research assistant, social or behavioral scientist or social science analyst. Potential workplaces include: community health center, community-based organization, health care organization, or public health agency.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org.
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers both foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so that what you’re learning in your courses is immediately applicable to your career goals.
Respected programs that move you forward
Organizations around the world have acknowledged Capella’s commitment to quality education with accreditations, state approvals, certifications, awards, recognitions, and designations. Right now, more than 37,000 students are expanding their opportunities with Capella programs.
Online education. Two ways.
Our FlexPath format lets you set your own deadlines and move at your own pace. Our GuidedPath format offers extra structure for those who need it.
Explore options in key professions
- Criminal Justice
- Education (K–12 & Higher Education)
- Emergency Management
- Health Care Administration
- Human Services
- Information Assurance and Security
- Information Technology
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Social Work
Multiple ways to help you save
- Employer and association discounts
- Military discounts
- Transfer credit
- Streamlined programs
- Guides (online resource)
- Credit for real-world learning
Online flexibility and personalized support
At Capella, online learning means you can take your courseroom anywhere, learning when and where it fits your life. And if you need backup, support services are available every step of the way.
Ready to go further?
Connect with an enrollment counselor to discuss your education options. Select a program of interest and request information about a degree program to advance your career.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the School’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University for more information.www.capellaresults.com