In setting the stage for a lifetime of learning, you can make an impact on the youngest of students with this online MS Ed in Early Childhood Education. At Capella, your coursework will focus on building an environment that fosters learning and self-esteem. The program is CAEP-accredited, incorporates a practicum and includes classes such as:
- Infant and Child Development
- The Early Childhood Learning Environment
- Exceptional Children in the Early Childhood Setting
- Children, Families, and Society
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants in this Specialization are required to complete the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Exam (MTLE), which is a requirement for licensure in the state of Minnesota. Students must complete the MTLE prior to enrolling in the practicum course.
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.