Help the Next Generation of Students Succeed. As an educator, the impact of your work can truly last a lifetime. That’s why our online Master’s in Early Childhood Education program is designed around national standards to show you how to start an education off on the right foot. You’ll expand on your current expertise to better understand different learning styles of children, the role family relationships play in learning, and the developmental needs of all students up to the age of eight. All of which can help you create the curriculum and environment kids need, and deserve.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants in this Specialization are required to complete the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Exam (MTLE), which is a requirement for licensure in the state of Minnesota. Students must complete the MTLE prior to enrolling in the practicum course.
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.