MSN - Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited)
Capella University offers the only online Master’s in Diabetes Nursing, allowing you to earn your degree on a schedule that fits your life. This online degree provides you with the flexibility you need, while also maximizing the value you bring to patients by developing the advanced skills and knowledge required to lead, consult, and educate in diabetes treatment and prevention.
The Master’s in Diabetes Nursing is part of Capella's CCNE-accredited MSN program and incorporates the American Association of Colleges of Nursing's (AACN) Essentials of Master's Education in Nursing, as well as the recommended competencies published by The American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE). Additionally, Capella is a proud partner of the American Nurses Association. ANA has chosen Capella as a partner on the ANA Leadership Institute, providing nurse leadership development in a flexible format for nurses at the bedside or in the boardroom.
- Save Time and Money: There are a multitude of saving options available including employer discounts and military benefits, as well as the flexibility to choose up to 3 courses per quarter.
- Practice Immersion: In addition to your other coursework, the Master’s in Diabetes Nursing program includes a flexible practice immersion, allowing for the immediate applicability of knowledge gained in the classroom.
- Online Learning: At Capella, you will enjoy the flexibility of earning your Master’s in Diabetes Nursing degree on a schedule that fits your life. As everything is taught 100% online, you will have 24-hour access to your course room.
- Professionally Aligned: Capella’s competency-based education focuses on outcomes desired by today’s employers. You will develop the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to make change in the lives of your patients.
With your Master in Diabetes Nursing from Capella, you'll have the ability to perform patient assessment and diagnosis, as well as identify desired outcomes based on evidence and patient input. You'll also learn to formulate, implement, and evaluate a plan of care consistent with the evidence, diagnosis, and desired outcomes.
Common jobs with an online Master in Diabetes Nursing include diabetes nurse specialist, nursing faculty, nurse manager, diabetes nurse educator, diabetes nurse clinician, head nurse or wellness program director. Potential workplaces include: hospital, clinic, medical center, community health agency, community or technical college, pharmaceutical company, land-based or online university or hospital-based school of nursing.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$425.00
Out of State Rate:$425.00
Additional Fees :$875.00
Fees Overview :
Quarterly Resource Fee (per quarter): $125
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$23,825.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$23,825.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Applicants must have a BSN degree from an accredited institution.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Current, unrestricted RN license to practice in the United States (or its equivalent).
- One year of licensed RN work experience or current employment as an RN.
- Completion and submission of the RN License Verification Form.
- Arkansas residents must complete Arkansas general education requirements.
- RN license verification required.
- This program is not designed to prepare graduates for entry-level or advanced practice licensure as a nurse.
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org.
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
The BSN, MSN, and DNP degree programs at Capella University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, 202.887.6791. http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the School’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University for more information.www.capellaresults.com