Capella’s Leadership for Higher Education Certificate provides advanced knowledge and skills in the major areas of post-secondary leadership, based on and supplemented by participants’ previous educational and professional experiences.
This program helps you comprehend a thorough background in leadership theory and application, the history of higher education, current issues and trends, the culture and politics of colleges and universities, as well as best practices in human resource management. This program prepares you to make sound decisions based on best practices in your field.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.