Learn to lead in the field of higher education. Capella’s online Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Leadership and Administration builds on your previous undergraduate or graduate educational experiences and provides an overview of the scope and functions of higher education, its history, current issues and trends, and leadership theory. In this program, you’ll learn to make sound decisions in higher education based on a solid understanding of the roles and functions of institutional divisions, and the culture and politics of four-year and community colleges.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Capella University’s Education Preparation Provider (EPP) unit is accredited based on the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) standards for a period of 8 years, from 10/22/2010 to 12/31/2018.
Capella University’s EPP is eligible for and will seek accreditation based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards during fall 2017/spring 2018. CAEP is the single specialized accreditor for educator preparation, and administers NCATE accreditation.