The Post-Master’s Certificate in Educational Leadership and Management is designed to help practicing professionals develop their leadership skills in colleges, universities, P–12 schools and districts, as well as corporate, governmental and non-governmental education organizations. Throughout the program, learners focus on the leadership and management competencies of successful educational professionals such as collaborating to create a culture of learning and leading and managing change, which provides learners the opportunity to strengthen their inquiry, analysis, communication, decision-making, and leadership skills.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.