The Post-Master’s Certificate in Educational Leadership and Management is designed to help practicing professionals develop their leadership skills in colleges, universities, P–12 schools and districts, as well as corporate, governmental and non-governmental education organizations. Throughout the program, learners focus on the leadership and management competencies of successful educational professionals such as collaborating to create a culture of learning and leading and managing change, which provides learners the opportunity to strengthen their inquiry, analysis, communication, decision-making, and leadership skills.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.