This program is not designed for teacher certification, licensure or endorsement.
Capella University's online Doctor of Education (EDD) in Curriculum and Instruction program helps you develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for effective curriculum and instruction leadership.
This program is designed for teachers and administrators interested in leadership careers as building or district-level administrators, or as teacher-leaders guiding curriculum and instructional improvement initiatives supported by current theory and research in curriculum design, instructional models, and assessment strategies focused in increasing student achievement.
With your EdD in Curriculum and Instruction from Capella, you will collaborate for the improvement of curriculum and instruction, lead in curriculum and instruction, and conduct and evaluate research to enrich practice and theory in curriculum. You will also learn to lead and value a culture of diversity, inclusion and equity.
Common jobs with an online EdD in Curriculum and Instruction include director of assessment, director of instruction, full-time or adjunct faculty, superintendent, provost, distance education specialist or curriculum director. Potential workplaces include: colleges, universities, corporations, non-profit organizations or governmental educational organizations.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or internally recognized institution
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.