This program is not designed for teacher certification, licensure or endorsement.
Capella University's online Doctor of Education (EDD) in Adult Education program prepares you to provide effective leadership in a variety of adult education settings.
The curriculum is based on current industry knowledge and standards and provides you with the opportunity to strengthen your inquiry, analysis, communication, decision-making, and leadership skills and then use them to address critical, real-world problems.
With your EdD in Adult Education from Capella, you’ll learn to facilitate the learning process for adults, perform scholarly research, and provide vision and direction in adult-serving post-secondary education and community settings. You will also develop curricula reflecting the local philosophy and mission, professional research, current trends, and community and societal needs.
Common jobs with an online EdD in Adult Education include director of assessment, director of instruction, full-time or adjunct faculty, superintendent, provost, distance education specialist or curriculum director. Potential workplaces include: colleges, universities, corporations, non-profit organizations or governmental educational organizations.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or internally recognized institution
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.