EdD - Adult Education
This program is not designed for teacher certification, licensure or endorsement.
Capella University's online Doctor of Education (EDD) in Adult Education program prepares you to provide effective leadership in a variety of adult education settings.
The curriculum is based on current industry knowledge and standards and provides you with the opportunity to strengthen your inquiry, analysis, communication, decision-making, and leadership skills and then use them to address critical, real-world problems.
With your EdD in Adult Education from Capella, you’ll learn to facilitate the learning process for adults, perform scholarly research, and provide vision and direction in adult-serving post-secondary education and community settings. You will also develop curricula reflecting the local philosophy and mission, professional research, current trends, and community and societal needs.
Common jobs with an online EdD in Adult Education include director of assessment, director of instruction, full-time or adjunct faculty, superintendent, provost, distance education specialist or curriculum director. Potential workplaces include: colleges, universities, corporations, non-profit organizations or governmental educational organizations.
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$690.00
Out of State Rate:$690.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$44,160.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$44,160.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or internally recognized institution
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Admission to the Educational Leadership and Management specialization requires learners to complete and submit the Cohort Auto-Registration Form
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org.
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
The Professional Education Unit (PEU) at Capella University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), www.ncate.org. This accreditation covers advanced educator preparation programs at Capella University. However, the accreditation does not include individual education courses that the institution offers to K–12 educators for professional development, relicensure, or other purposes.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the School’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University for more information.www.capellaresults.com