DrPH - Public Health
Prepare to think critically and lead effectively while facing ever more complex public health issues. With Capella University’s online Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) degree program you'll be provided with opportunities to collaborate with other public and private sector professionals whose work often intersects with the field of public health. You will also analyze and apply research to the design of public health programs, devise equitable solutions to address immediate and long-term public health issues as well as lead collaboratively with integrity and social responsibility. The interprofessional education you’ll receive at Capella University will help you collaborate across disciplines to improve health outcomes throughout your community.
- Direct Path: You can transfer up to 18 credits into your DrPH, which could save you nine months and $13,000 on the cost of your degree.
- Professionally Aligned: Our competency-based curriculum allows you to gain the relevant competencies that employers require.
- Credible: The DrPH curriculum is designed around the essential elements of an education in public health recommended in the Blue Ribbon Public Health Employers Advisory Board Report.
- Real-World Experience: Our integrated doctoral capstone and practicum allow you to work with an organization to solve real-world challenges–giving you the professional experience you need to lead at the top of your field.
- Distinguished Faculty: Provide comprehensive feedback on your work, encourage different ways of thinking, and deliver insight into how well you’re demonstrating competencies.
- Online Learning: 24-hour access to courses through Capella’s virtual courseroom.
Upon successful completion of the DrPH program, graduates are prepared to lead culturally competent, evidence-based professional practices to improve the outcomes of both diverse populations and public health organizations.
Professionals with this degree may work in a variety of industries: State, local, or federal government, department of health (local or state), nonprofit organization, consulting firm, land-based or online college or university, health care organization, public health agency, national health advocacy institute, community health agency, social welfare organization, research organization, national institutes of health, or health insurance company.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org.
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- A masters degree is required for admission.
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers both foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so that what you’re learning in your courses is immediately applicable to your career goals.
Respected programs that move you forward
Organizations around the world have acknowledged Capella’s commitment to quality education with accreditations, state approvals, certifications, awards, recognitions, and designations. Right now, more than 37,000 students are expanding their opportunities with Capella programs.
Online education. Two ways.
Our FlexPath format lets you set your own deadlines and move at your own pace. Our GuidedPath format offers extra structure for those who need it.
Explore options in key professions
- Criminal Justice
- Education (K–12 & Higher Education)
- Emergency Management
- Health Care Administration
- Human Services
- Information Assurance and Security
- Information Technology
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Social Work
Multiple ways to help you save
- Employer and association discounts
- Military discounts
- Transfer credit
- Streamlined programs
- Guides (online resource)
- Credit for real-world learning
Online flexibility and personalized support
At Capella, online learning means you can take your courseroom anywhere, learning when and where it fits your life. And if you need backup, support services are available every step of the way.
Ready to go further?
Connect with an enrollment counselor to discuss your education options. Select a program of interest and request information about a degree program to advance your career.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the School’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University for more information.www.capellaresults.com