Capella offers this online DPA which culminates in a capstone research project, rather than a traditional dissertation. Utilizing this learning strategy, you’ll assemble all of the tools to solve real-world issues within your organization. Whether you work on the local, state or federal level, you’ll benefit from this online doctorate which emphasizes public policies and practices that stimulate public value and cooperation. You’ll benefit from peer networking and close interaction with your faculty with Capella’s GuidedPath learning approach. Coursework likely entails:
- Theories and Concepts in Public Administration
- Public Sector Policy Analysis
- Operational Strategic Management and Planning
- Public Administration Strategic Accounting and Finance
In addition to your online courses, you will attend on-campus residencies.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Doctoral students must have a master’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution