Capella offers this online Doctorate of Information Technology (DIT) in Project Management, enabling you to lead your organization in IT implementation. You’ll broaden your leadership skills, managing teams that will know how to deliver all types of projects within time and scope. You’ll gain advanced competencies in project management theory, along with risk management and project governance. Capella’s learning environment integrates a unique program structure that will help you sustain momentum throughout your dissertation process. Taught by dedicated faculty and incorporating on-campus residency requirements, this online doctorate gives you the opportunity for peer and professor interaction. Classes that are likely incorporated into this curriculum include:
- Advanced Concepts of Project Management Methodologies
- Projects as Complex Adaptive Systems
- Advanced Risk Management Systems and Research
- Dynamics of Program and Portfolio Management
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- In addition to online courses, you will attend three four-day residential colloquia at specific stages in your program.
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Official master’s transcripts, minimum degree conferral grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale