DIT - Information Assurance and Cybersecurity
With ever-increasing threats to information assets, skilled information security professionals are in high demand. Capella University's online Doctor of Information Technology (DIT) degree with an Information Assurance and Cybersecurity specialization will prepare you to analyze theories and develop solutions that inform and shape the practice of information assurance and cybersecurity. Become a leader on the front lines in the struggle to maintain information security.
This program provides opportunities for advanced skill development and doctoral research in such topics as:
- System and application security
- Assurance controls and compliance
- Security governance and management
- Network and enterprise security risk management
Designed to be completed in less than three years, the information assurance and cybersecurity doctoral program offers a streamlined learning experience, allowing you to complete your coursework and dissertation at the same time.
Recognized for Quality
Capella University has been designated by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense (CAE IA/CD) for academic years 2014–2021.
DIT or PhD? What's the Difference?
Everyone who obtains a doctoral degree from Capella is a scholar-practitioner—equipped with a deep understanding of foundational theory and how it applies directly to the current and future needs of their profession, as well as the skills and knowledge to research, teach, consult, and lead.
While a PhD provides you with skills to perform advanced research or scholarly writing, a DIT focuses on the application of research skills to develop innovative solutions to IT problems. A doctoral degree in IT can enhance your position as a leader in your industry.
With a DIT in Information Assurance and Cybersecurity from Capella, you’ll learn to analyze theories that inform and shape the practice of information assurance and cybersecurity. You’ll develop skills in synthesizing research and practice that can lead to performance improvements in your industry. As you build your capacity for creating new information systems and security applications for improved defense against unauthorized access, this program will help you become an effective IT consultant or instructor in information assurance and cybersecurity.
Common jobs with an online DIT in Information Assurance and Cybersecurity include information security consultant, practitioner, education leader (professor, department head, dean, etc.), IS director, or executive positions within the C-Suite: CIO, CTO, or CISO.
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter
In State Rate:$4,644.00
Out of State Rate:$4,644.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$55,728.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$55,728.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- In addition to online courses, you will attend three four-day residential colloquia at specific stages in your program.
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Official master’s transcripts, minimum degree conferral grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org, 800.621.7440
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 1.888.CAPELLA (227.3552), www.capella.edu
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, job placement or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the school’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University at 1.866.679.9687 for more information.
Learn important information at www.capellaresults.com about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended these programs.