DHA - Health Administration
Increase your ability to lead health care organizations through an era of reform and heightened expectations. With Capella’s online Doctor of Health Administration (DHA) program, you can choose to focus on topics such as U.S. or global health policy, health care advocacy, leadership, or strategic vision and planning.
The nationally recognized NCHL Health Leadership Competency Model—which is integrated into Capella's DHA program—features a real-world, action-oriented approach: evidence-based case studies, simulation exercises, consulting projects, presentations and more. With our interprofessional approach, you learn about, from, and with other health care professions, gaining leadership skills that allow you to partner across professions to achieve common goals.
- Direct Path: Complete your DHA in as few as three years if you have an MHA, or three and a half years when you have another master’s degree*. For those with an MHA, you can directly transfer 12 quarter credits, which could save you six months and more than $8,000. If you have additional applicable doctoral coursework, you may be able to transfer six additional credits for up to 18 transfer credits in total.
- Professionally Aligned: Our competency-based curriculum allows you to gain the relevant competencies that employers require.
- Credible: Capella is a participant in the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Higher Education Network.
- Real-World Experience: Practice real-life leadership scenarios in a fail-safe, virtual health care environment during your specialization courses—then use those skills in your integrated capstone and practicum course that could help you lead at the top of your field.
- Distinguished Faculty: Provide comprehensive feedback on your work, encourage different ways of thinking, and provide insight into how well you’re demonstrating competencies.
- Online Learning: 24-hour access to courses through Capella’s virtual courseroom.
With your Doctor of Health Administration degree from Capella, you'll facilitate organizational transformation and change processes in health care. You'll also implement strategic planning and health care administration strategies for optimal organizational performance, and support vision and ethical leadership decision making in health care administration.
Common careers with a DHA in General Health Administration include chief executive officer, chief nursing officer, department or division manager/director, health care financial manager, hospital administrator, nurse manager, nursing director or program manager. Potential workplaces include: ambulatory health care service, community care facility for the elderly, dental office, health clinic, hospital, insurance company, medical and diagnostic laboratory, nursing or residential care facility or outpatient care center.
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$735.00
Out of State Rate:$735.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$55,860.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$55,860.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org, 800.621.7440
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 1.888.CAPELLA (227.3552), www.capella.edu
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, job placement or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the school’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University at 1.866.679.9687 for more information.
Learn important information at www.capellaresults.com about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended these programs.