Help your organization identify quality improvements, develop strategy, and build a culture of safety with an online Doctor of Health Administration (DHA) in Health Care Quality and Analytics.
Capella’s DHA in Health Care Quality and Analytics gives you the skills and knowledge you need to develop new systems and processes as you lead your organization into 21st-century health care.
The nationally recognized NCHL Health Leadership Competency Model — which is integrated into Capella's Doctorate in Health Care Quality and Analytics program — features a real-world, action-oriented approach: evidence-based case studies, simulation exercises, consulting projects, presentations and more. With our interprofessional education, you learn about, from, and with other health care professions, gaining leadership skills to partner across professions to achieve common goals.
- Direct Path: Complete your DHA in Health Care Quality and Analytics in as few as three years when you have an MHA, or as few as 3.5 years when you have another master’s. Those with an MHA can directly transfer 12 quarter credits, which could save you six months and more than $8,000. Learners with additional applicable doctoral coursework may be able to transfer 6 additional credits for up to 18 transfer credits total.
- Professionally Aligned: Our competency-based curriculum allows you to gain the relevant competencies that employers require.
- Credible: Capella is a participant in the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Higher Education Network.
- Real-World Experience: Practice real-life leadership scenarios in a fail-safe, virtual health care environment during your specialization courses—then use those skills in your integrated capstone and practicum course to lead at the top of your field.
- Distinguished Faculty: Provide comprehensive feedback on your work, encourage different ways of thinking, and deliver insight into how well you’re demonstrating competencies.
- Online Learning: 24-hour access to courses through Capella's virtual courseroom.
The DHA Health Care Quality and Analytics specialization is designed for health administration practitioners who want to develop advanced competencies focused on health care quality and data analytics. Upon successful completion of this specialization, learners are prepared to pursue senior-level positions in quality and safety where they will assure accountability and reliability in quality and safety improvement initiatives in a variety of health care settings.
Common jobs with a DHA in Health Care Quality and Analytics include department or division director, administrative director, quality assurance manager, chief financial officer, chief executive officer, chief operations officer, clinic director, health care consultant, health information manager/director, health services manager/administrator/director, health care analyst, compliance manager, hospital director, practice manager/director, program manager/director, health manager/director, medical director, executive director, hospital business manager, or hospital unit manager.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale