Become an educator, private consultant, business mentor or C-level executive, with this online DBA in Leadership from Capella. You’ll hone in on maximizing your own leadership style, as you expand your expertise, acquire advanced management skills and learn new techniques to apply in nearly any industry. A hands-on approach is taken in this program that centers upon motivating others and implementing strategic and proactive measures to address contemporary business challenges. Capella’s online DBA culminates in a capstone research project and utilizes the GuidedPath pace. This means you’ll benefit from peer networking and close interaction with your faculty.There are on-campus residencies associated with this program that usually includes the following curriculum:
- Leadership Theory and Practice in a Global Environment
- Leadership as Personal Practice
- Leading the Organizational System
- Leading Dynamic Systems with Multi-Dimensional Thinking
In addition to your online courses, you will attend three four-day residencies.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Doctoral students must have a master’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org) has accredited Capella University business programs and select specializations. For full accreditation statement and the list of accredited programs and specializations, go to www.capella.edu/university-accreditation.